Thursday 16 April 2009

Woman in love - Three Degrees

I've got 'Out of love again', the B-side of this single, as the B-side of another single, 'The runner'. And the A-side, 'Woman in love', is on another single I own, 'Giving up giving in'. But in January 1979, 'Woman in love' was released as a single in the UK, and it was a big hit, peaking at number 3. While the Three Degrees are famous for their disco tracks, this is a soulful ballad.

I bought this single not because I knew the song, but because of the beautiful sleeve and the record, which was pressed on blue vinyl. Fortunately, the song isn't bad at all!

My collection: 7" single no. 3252
Found: House of Rhythm, London, October 20, 2000
Cost: 1,4 pounds
Tracks: 'Woman in love' / 'Out of love again'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising