Thursday 16 April 2009

Pourvu qu'elles soient douces - Mylene Farmer

Anyone who watched music video channels regularly in the eighties would get to know Mylene Farmer at some point. Her epic music videos were shown, usually in late night programmes, because of their regular inclusion of violence and nudity. The video for 'Pourvu qu'elles soient douces' was one of them.

Once I'd bought 'Désenchantée', I slowly started to collect more Mylene Farmer singles. I found 'Douces', the Dutch release of the mentioned song quite quickly, because it was re-released after the success of 'Désenchantée'. It didn't reach the Dutch Top 40, though.

Not so much later, I saw the original French single. I had to admit this sleeve was a bit more daring, and since I liked the sleeve and the song, I decided to buy it on the spot. The two singles have the exact same tracklisting. The B-side is a beautiful ballad, which has quite moving lyrics. Or so I think, because my French is not so good.

My collection: 7" single no. 1888 / no. 1922
Found: Record fair, Den Haag, May 2, 1993 / Record fair, Amsterdam, June 5, 1993
Cost: 3 guilders / 8 guilders
Tracks: 'Pourvu qu'elles soient douces' / 'Puisque...'



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising