Saturday 25 April 2009

I'm your man - Wham!

'I'm your man' was released in November 1985 after Wham!'s world tour, followed by a period of rest. The last people had seen of Wham! was during Live Aid in the Summer. Thus, the single was long-awaited. It was a number 1 in the UK and peaked at number 4 in the Netherlands.

Within a few months, Wham! announced their split. 'I'm your man' did not appear on any studio album, and so its only appearance on an album was on 'The final', the compilation album that was released in 1986 to commemorate the end of Wham!'s career. In 1995, Lisa Moorish covered the song.

My collection: 7" single no. 3684
Found: La La Land, Den Haag, April 25, 2009
Cost: 1 euro
Tracks: 'I'm your man' / 'Do it right (instrumental)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising