Friday 6 March 2009

You rock my world - Michael jackson

Now that Michael Jackson has announced his final concerts in London for July this year, I thought it would be appropriate to look back on the most recent single I have from him. It's a vinyl single of 'You rock my world', the first single from his last studio album 'Invincible'. And if that album proved anything, it's that the man wasn't invincible at all. The album sold worse than all the previous ones, and the record company only released two singles from the album. While the next one, 'Cry', didn't perform too well in the charts, this one made the top 10 in almost every country imaginable.

Michael Jackson and Rodney Jerkins played all the instruments in the song, which was recorded at Record One studios in Los Angeles. Recorded between July and September 2000, the track sounds a bit like a less exciting reprise of Jackson's previous hits 'The way you make me feel' and 'Remember the time'. This vinyl single features the same track on both sides, and is made in the USA.

My collection: 7" single no. 3350
Found: HMV, London, 2001
Cost: 4 pounds
Tracks: 'You rock my world' / 'You rock my world'

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising