Wednesday 11 March 2009

Why should I love you? - Des'ree

The third single drawn from Des'ree's debut album 'Mind adventures' was the sublime soul ballad 'Why should I love you?'. It wasn't as successful as the previous single, peaking at number 44 in the UK singles chart. Personally I thought it was the strongest track on the album.

The cd-single was released as a double package in the UK, with the second disc featuring covers of 'Imagine', 'Calling you' and 'Killing me softly with his song'. On the vinyl single, though, only the self-penned track 'Competitive world' appeared.

My collection: 7" single no. 1659
Found: Melody Maker, Den Haag, May 30, 1992
Cost: 6 guilders
Tracks: 'Why should I love you?' / 'Competitive world'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising