Saturday 7 March 2009

Tentations - Jo Lemaire

After her debut solo album 'Concorde' (1983) did fairly well in Belgium and France, Jo Lemaire released a self-titled album in 1984. From this album, the single 'Tentations' was taken, a swinging piece of pop pleasure. Unfortunately, this single and album signalled a few difficult years for Lemaire, as it yielded no commercial success.

I heard the single back in 1984 because my sister had bought it and played it a few times. A decade later, I bought my own copy. I didn't play it much, but recently I rediscovered it and I have to admit: it's a very good single. Even the B-side is pretty wonderful.

My collection: 7" single no. 1857
Found: Concerto, Amsterdam, January 30, 1993
Cost: 3 guilders
Tracks: 'Tentations' / 'L'enfer à deux'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising