Saturday 7 March 2009

It's different for girls - Joe Jackson

Joe Jackson released his second album 'I'm the man' in 1979. While the title track, released as the first single from the album, didn't chart, Jackson had more success with the second single, 'It's different for girls'. It peaked at number 5 in the UK singles chart and reached number 85 in Australia.

I distinctly remember going to Disco Market in May 1989 and buying a stack of second hand singles from a newly received batch. The sleeves were slightly tattered on the edges, but that didn't spoil my fun: this shop was always able to make me very happy in the knowledge that I'd found some rare old singles.

My collection: 7" single no. 826
Found: Disco Market, Den Haag, May 13, 1989
Cost: 1 guilder
Tracks: 'It's different for girls' / 'Friday'
Download: Album 'I'm the man', including both tracks (part 1 / part 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising