Tuesday 17 March 2009

I will be with you - T'pau

It could have been too much to ask for, but the fifth single from T'pau's debut album 'Bridge of spies' was, like the four previous ones, a big hit in the UK. It peaked at number 14 in the singles chart. Outside of the UK, the single did nothing - and I don't think it was even released in most countries.

'I will be with you' is a beautiful powerballad, a bit like 'Valentine' and 'China in your hand' but different. Part of the attraction was this special limited edition gatefold sleeve, in which frontwoman Carol Decker looks quite delicious.

My collection: 7" single no. 647
Found: Sister Ray, London, 1989
Cost: 2,5 pounds
Tracks: 'I will be with you' / 'Still so in love'


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising