Tuesday 24 March 2009

Can't set rules about love - Adam Ant

Adam Ant was one of the big names of the Eighties. That statement alone says a lot about how he was perceived by the general public circa 1990: almost forgotten. After having been out of the charts since 1985, he had a brief comeback with 'Room at the top', which reached number 13 in the UK singles chart in 1990. The next single was 'Can't set rules about love', which peaked at number 47.

I didn't hear this song until three years later, when I got my hands on a promotional instore video of various artists. I wasn't impressed by the video, but the song was nice enough. I spent several years trying to find the single.

My collection: 7" single no. 2868
Found: Record fair, Utrecht, 1997
Cost: 3 guilders
Tracks: 'Can't set rules about love' / 'How to steal the world'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising