Monday 2 February 2009

Thought you were on my side - Cock Robin

'Thought you were on my side' was the second chart hit for Cock Robin in the Netherlands. After the number one hit 'The promise you made', this single reached number 5 in the Dutch Top 40. The single was also successful in Germany and France, but flopped in the UK and America.

Having bought the 12" single of 'The promise you made' I was already convinced that the extended versions of Cock Robin tracks were very interesting, so I had no doubts that I should have this record as well. I did wait it out, though, because 12" singles became cheaper once they left the chart. It was well worth the wait.

My collection: 12" single no. 32
Found: Free Record Shop, Den Haag, 1986
Cost: 7,95 guilders
Tracks: 'Thought you were on my side (extended remix)' / 'Thought you were on my side', 'Peace on earth'
Download: here

1 comment:

  1. Love these nostalgic 12 inch singles. Thanks!

    Would you happen to have an email, where I can contact you with a suggestion?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising