Saturday 28 February 2009

I eat cannibals - Toto Coelo

Toto Coelo had a very short career in pop business, this single being their only hit. Released in August 1982, 'I eat cannibals' peaked at number 8 in the UK singles chart. The single was followed by 'Dracula's Tango (Sucker For Your Love)', which only made it to number 53.

An album was issued containing both singles, together with a selection of unreleased tracks in 1983 titled 'Man o' War'. This album flopped. Following this, Anita Mahadervan and Sheen Doran left the group. In 1985 the remaining three members released two singles under the Toto Coelo name. Neither of those singles ('Girl's night out' and 'Gimme some lovin") was a success.

My collection: 7" single no. 3169
Found: Record Exchange, London, January 18, 2000
Cost: 1 pound
Tracks: 'I eat cannibals (part 1)' / 'I eat cannibals (part 2)'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising