Sunday 8 February 2009

Happy ever after - Julia Fordham

I heard 'Happy ever after' for the first time on a compilation cd. At first I figured I owned the track, but a true vinyl collector is never happy until he owns the original single too. And so when I found the single, I bought it.

Julia Fordham was born in Portsmouth, England on August 10, 1962. In 1988, she released her debut album, simply titled 'Julia Fordham'. The single 'Happy ever after' introduced her as a singer with considerable vocal range. It reached number 27 in the UK singles chart. 'Happy ever after' was re-recorded and re-released in 1998, but that version didn't chart.

My collection: 7" single no. 2073
Found: Record fair, Amsterdam, February 19, 1994
Cost: 2 guilders
Tracks: 'Happy ever after' / 'My lover's keeper'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising