Saturday 7 February 2009

Hang on to your love - Sade

'US remix', proclaims the sleeve of this 12" single proudly. But what you get is actually the album track of 'Hang on to your love'. Was it a mistake by Epic Records? Who knows, all I know is that I was pretty miffed when I heard the A-side of this record. Fortunately it also included 'Should I love you', an excellent non-album track by Sade.

'Hang on to your love' was released as the fourth and last single from Sade's classic 1984 album 'Diamond life'. It reached number 28 in the Dutch Top 40.

My collection: 12" single no. 295
Found: Record fair, 1995
Cost: 5 guilders
Tracks: 'Hang on to your love (US remix)' / 'Should I love you', 'Why can't we live together'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising