Sunday 22 February 2009

Face to face - Siouxie and the Banshees

Siouxie and the Banshees recorded 'Face to face' for the soundtrack of the movie 'Batman Returns'. Thanks to Danny Elfman's involvement in the writing of the song (which was co-written with the band), it features elements from his score to the film. 'Face to face' peaked at number 21 in the UK singles chart.

I got to know this song because a friend of mine was (and still is) addicted to Batman movies. Lord knows why - I always had a prejudice against them because superhero movies are usually mindblowingly boring. So I didn't see the movie, and only got to hear this song some time after its release. But when I did, I wanted to have it.

My collection: 7" single no. 2393
Found: Marlyn Music, Eastbourne, July 5, 1995
Cost: 2 pounds
Tracks: 'Face to face' / 'I could be again'


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising