Wednesday 4 February 2009

Ainsi soit je... - Mylene Farmer

'Ainsi soit je...' was the second single taken from Mylene Farmer's 1988 album of the same name. As for all her songs since the 1987 single 'Tristana', Farmer wrote the lyric. Nevertheless, the first words of the couplets 'bulle de chagrin, boule d'incertitude' were written by Marie, a singer unknown to the general public who died not long before. It was a way for Mylene to pay a tribute to her.

I'd started collecting Mylene Farmer singles only months before I went on a holiday to Vienna, Austria. I was greatly surprised to find an old single in a record shop there - but of course I bought it right away.

My collection: 7" single no. 1934
Found: Marik, Vienna, Austria, 1993
Cost: 59 Austrian Schilling
Tracks: 'Ainsi soit je...' / 'Ainsi soit je... (Lamentations)'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising