Thursday 15 January 2009

You did cut me - China Crisis

The double single for China Crisis's 1985 single 'You did cut me' is a real treat. It features three live tracks, of which the recording of 'Christian' has to be the most charming version of that song ever put to disc. The tracks were recorded at the Liverpool Empire on May 19, 1985.

My sister was very into China Crisis in the eighties, so it's no wonder I found out about this double single thanks to her. I bought my own copy almost five years after it came out via an English mail order company. It was a great way to get hold of old singles - and they were almost always English pressings, too!

My collection: 7" single no. 1179
Found: Oldies Unlimited, England, received February 26, 1990
Cost: 2 pounds
Tracks: 'You did cut me' / 'You did cut me (live)' // 'Christian (live)' / 'Seven sports for all (live)'

1 comment:

  1. Gotta love China Crisis! Thanks for all the vinyl, many memories. Last track is invalid on Mediafire though. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising