Friday 16 January 2009

Visioni - Alice

Alice is an Italian singer, who rose to prominence in Europe in 1984 when she represented Italy in the Eurovision Song Contest together with Franco Battiato, singing 'I treni di Tozeur'. She has had a very successful solo career in her native Italy.

I bought this single, 'Visioni', at a time when I was always trying out new music. Sometimes it was based on nothing more than the sleeve, like in this instance. The style of music is obvious from the sleeve layout: I was expecting pop and that's what I got. It's a nice little song, although the B-side is actually stronger and more intriguing than the A-side.

My collection: 7" single no. 2437
Found: Concerto, Amsterdam, August 19, 1995
Cost: 2 guilders
Tracks: 'Visioni' / 'Il sole nella pioggia'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising