Friday 16 January 2009

There ain't no age for rock 'n roll - The Veterans

The Veterans was a Belgian duo consisting of Gus Roan and Marc Malyster. They debuted in 1980 with the single 'I'm jogging'. Roan produced and composed the song that played on the jogging hype that took place that year. The video featured a jogging old man, surrounded by beautiful ladies.

'There ain't no age for rock 'n roll' was their second single, a slightly more sophisticated, synth-driven song that even made the lower regions of Dutch singles chart. Having known this song since my childhood, I bought this single recently and quite enjoyed hearing it again.

My collection: 7" single no. 3459
Found: Record fair, Utrecht, November 22, 2008
Cost: 1 euro
Tracks: 'There ain't no age for rock'n roll' / 'Nigel Gold grows old'
Download: here

8 comments:

  1. It made number 6 in the charts in Australia in 1980 and stayed in them for 11 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grrrrrrrr YouTube removed it, thank god I have the vinyl single and the MP3.

    Best thing I remember was the bored little girl with the stuffed lion.

    Along with I Know What Boys Like by the Waitresses, this song was a brilliant one hit wonder, although overseas these acts have a great longivity, so I am not sure how long they remained recording, and sadly I don't want to know what happened to them because I guess the lead singer is no longer with us :(

    But excellent memories great song

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is back on Youtube! However not the original, from a German Countdown/top of the pops type show.
    The lead singer does look like the lead from Yello (oh Yeah!)
    And yes, i am one of the Aussies back in 1980 that saved up and brought the single on 45! Will review the song on my blog next week, if I can find out more about them. There is not even an entry on Wikipedia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for this, can't believe it exists. any chance of getting a re-upload? the links seem to have expired... would be greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best version on Youtube now:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EGac97iSY4

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had this song playing in my head recently and listened on youtube and fell back in love. I've been searching the web and can't find it on CD. Did you find it on vinyl? Obviously it's not in iTunes. Any tips on my search?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising