Friday 30 January 2009

Stand above me - OMD

When Paul Humphreys left Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark (OMD) in 1989, Andy McCluskey retained the name of the band and continued to record and tour as OMD. The first album he recorded was 'Sugar Tax' (1991), and then he followed this up with 'Liberator' (1993). The first single taken from 'Liberator' was 'Stand above me', an upbeat song with a strong hookline.

This promotional 12" single features two ten minute remixes of 'Stand above me'. I didn't play this 12" single a lot, and the reason is those remixes: they are a bit boring, really. The 12 inch mix contains a sample from the next single 'Dream of me', strangely enough, and both remixes are just a random selection of beats and bleeps. Buying tracks you don't know: sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

My collection: 12" single no. 216
Found: Record Exchange, London, 1992
Cost: 3 pounds
Tracks: 'Stand above me (A 10 minute therapy session into hyperlife mix)' / 'Stand above me (7" mix)', 'Stand above me (12" mix)'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising