Wednesday 28 January 2009

Scream down at me - China Crisis

China Crisis released 'Scream down at me' before their debut album 'Difficult shapes & Passive rhythms' in 1982. Both the A and the B-side wouldn't appear on that album, probably as a result of its lack of chart success. Also, the tracks were very different from the sophisticated sounds that were included on the debut album: the drums were more prominent and the singing was less subtle as well.

I didn't know this track when I bought the single; I simply bought it because I was curious. I do admit that this single is not as beautiful as their later work would be.

My collection: 7" single no. 3173
Found: Record Exchange, London, January 18, 2000
Cost: 50p
Tracks: 'Scream down at me' / 'Cucumber garden'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising