Sunday 25 January 2009

Love blonde - Kim Wilde

In 1983, Kim Wilde reinvented herself as a 'Love blonde'. It was the title of her new single, the first to be taken from her third album 'Catch as catch can'. For the first time, I bought a Kim Wilde single while it was still in the charts. I was actually starting to collect her singles, although at that point I don't think I actually realised it.

Kim commented about the song: 'When my dad told me that he wanted to write a song called 'Love Blonde', I just looked at him and said, you know, give me a break, I don't think I could handle the sort of flack I'd get, making a record with a title like that. He just said, 'look, either you do it, or you don't', and that was it. I could see what he was getting at.'

My collection: 7" single no. 206
Found: Wouters, Den Haag, 1983
Cost: 6 guilders
Tracks: 'Love blonde' / 'Can you hear it'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising