Wednesday 28 January 2009

Hold me now - Johnny Logan

In 1987, Johnny Logan participated in the Eurovision Song Contest for the third time. He'd won the 1980 edition with 'What's another year' and wrote 'Terminal 3' for Linda Martin in 1984, which came third in the competition. He tried it again himself with 'Hold me now', a melodramatic ballad that, to the surprise of many, won the contest that year.

Personally, I felt, just like the first time, Logan was an unjust winner. There were many better songs in the competition, like the sunny summer song 'Laß die Sonne in dein Herz' by Wind (Germany) or the commercially successful 'Gente di mare' by Umberto Tozzi & Raf (Italy). In the end, I had to admit that if I wanted to have a complete collection of Eurovision winners, I would have to buy this single as well.

And if you really want to see something humiliating, you can watch these McDonald's advertisements starring Johnny Logan: here, here and here.

My collection: 7" single no. 3375
Found: Geest, Den Haag, 2003
Cost: 1 euro
Tracks: 'Hold me now' / 'Living a lie'
Download: Album 'Hold me now', including both tracks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising