Monday 22 December 2008

What makes the world go 'round - Kiss

When our grandparents went on holiday to England, my sister and I, 16 and 10 years old respectively, asked them for a souvenir in the guise of a Kiss record. We were still big fans of the group, ever since their breakthrough with 'I was made for loving you'. It was the kind of youthful excitement that is very common at that age. We were very surprised when they returned with this single, one for each of us. In Holland, 'Talk to me' had just been released, but the UK had obviously preferred to release 'What makes the world go 'round'. It was not a successful release: the single didn't make the charts. My grandparents, meanwhile, were very surprised that we were into 'these painted men'.

My collection: 7" single no. 66
Found: present
Cost: 0
Tracks: 'What makes the world go 'round' / 'Naked city'

1 comment:

  1. Please upload your vinyl rips of these killer Kiss singles!!!!!

    Thanks for sharing all the wonderful music, it brings back memories!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising