Monday 1 December 2008

Union of the snake - Duran duran

Limited editions are a phenomenon in the UK. Especially in the eighties, there were gatefold sleeves, double singles, box sets and strangely coloured vinyl singles aplenty. In the Netherlands, these phenomena didn't happen as often. So whenever it did, it was immediately a collector's item. If I liked the artist, I simply had to have it.

However, I found out about Duran Duran's limited edition single 'Union of the snake' too late. So when I did, it had already left the shops. I finally found it two years later during a flea market in my highschool. The unsuspecting fellow student from which I bought this didn't know quite what he parted with: he only asked a mere two guilders for it. What a steal! I was very satisfied. Little did I know that later in life these items would change hands for astronomical amounts at times...

My collection: 7" single no. 358
Found: School fair, Den Haag, 1985
Cost: 2 guilders
Tracks: 'Union of the snake' / 'Secret oktober' plus free flexi disc with medley of tracks from the albums 'Duran Duran' and 'Rio'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising