Thursday 11 December 2008

Last thing on my mind - Bananarama

'Last thing on my mind' was a big hit for Steps in 1998. I did like the song but the track sounded a bit too bland for my liking. I didn't think that the guys and girls of Steps could sing, and that put the track down a bit. So I was pretty glad when I found out that it was a cover of a Bananarama track.

Bananarama have of course been around for ages. They started out with Fun Boy Three on 'It ain't what you do it's the way that you do it' and had another series of hits only a couple of years ago with their comeback album 'Drama' (2005). Their version of 'Last thing on my mind' is a pop gem.

My collection: 7" single no. 3011
Found: Record fair, Netherlands, August 20, 1998
Cost: 2 guilders
Tracks: 'Last thing on my mind' / 'Another lover'

1 comment:

  1. My favourite Bananarama song ! I bought it as a cassette single when it was a new release.
    'Another Lover' is great too.
    I was so disappointed that 'LTOMM' wasn't the hit that it deserved to be.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising