Friday 19 December 2008

I'll wait - Taylor Dayne

Taylor Dayne was born as Leslie Wunderman on March 7, 1962 in Baldwin, Nassau County, New York. Signed to Arista Records in 1987, she hit the worldwide charts with her debut single 'Tell it to my heart'. 'I'll wait' was the third single taken from her third album 'Soul dancing', released in 1993. In America, this double 12" single pack was released, featuring seven versions of the track. With remixes by Eric "E-Smoove" Miller and Steve "Silk" Hurley, this was a top three hit in the U.S. Dance chart.

I bought my copy in an obscure dance vinyl shop in the centre of Amsterdam, while I was studying there. The 'New Anthem mix', which goes on for almost 15 minutes, was the most impressive of them all.

My collection: 12" single no.
Found: Amsterdam, 2004
Cost: 25 guilders
Tracks: 'I'll wait (E-Smoove Anthem Vocal Mix)', 'I'll wait (E-Smoove Vocal Mix)' / 'I'll wait (7 Minutes of Silk)', 'I'll wait (4 Minutes of Soul)' // 'I'll wait (New Anthem Mix)' / 'I'll wait (Silky Dub Total)', 'I'll wait (Album Version)'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising