Sunday 7 December 2008

I love this life - The Blue Nile

Ever since I heard 'Tinseltown in the rain' and 'Stay' in 1984, I had a soft spot for The Blue Nile. Their silent, beautiful music is truly in a league of its own. The fact that they only release an album every six or seven years add to their appeal.

It didn't take me long to find out that their debut album 'A walk across the rooftops' (1983) was preceded by a debut single, 'I love this life', released back in 1981. It did take a long time, however, to find that single. It suddenly appeared in a shop in London. No picture sleeve, unfortunately, but still: here were two tracks I'd been searching for endlessly. It was the first day of a holiday in London. I had to wait for another week to finally hear the tracks...

My collection: 7" single no. 2163
Found: Record exchange, Camden, London, September 26, 1994
Cost: 2 pounds
Tracks: 'I love this life' / 'The second act'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising