Wednesday 3 December 2008

Danceable - Spectral Display

The undeniable innovative sound that was introduced by Spectral Display on their debut single 'It takes a muscle to fall in love' had disappeared when they recorded their second album 'Too much like me'. The band released two singles from this album, of which 'Danceable' was the first. As far as I know, it was the only single by Spectral Display that also appeared on 12" single. And that 12" single contained an extended version of the song.

When I bought the single, I didn't really know about this second album. It was advertised in 1983, but since none of the singles reached the charts, I didn't pay attention to them. And so I bought my copy in 2001, not really expecting much. When I bought the 12" single recently, I still didn't expect much. Such is the nature of collectors: sometimes they just buy something because it completes a part of their collection. I can now say that I own all of Spectral Display's tracks.

My collection: 7" single no. 3306 / 12" single no. 462
Found: Disco Market, Den Haag, February 24, 2001 / Record fair, Utrecht, November 22, 2008
Cost: 1 guilder / 2 euro
Tracks: 7": 'Danceable' / 'Big 5'. 12": 'Danceable (extended mix) / 'Danceable', 'Big 5'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising