Tuesday 9 December 2008

D for Desire - All about Eve

I found out about All About Eve thanks to a music special on television. Their tracks 'Every angel' and 'Martha's harbour' were the first I heard and after buying those singles I started to become more interested. It didn't take me long to want to have their complete output. Thus the nightmare of the collector soon became apparent: that elusive first single. 'D for Desire' was originally released in 1985 - and only on 12" single.

Imagine my surprise when I stumbled upon a 7" single of this track. After buying it for a rather high amount, I found out that this particular release was a bootleg. It didn't matter: I had those first two rare tracks - and I would never find the 12" single for a reasonable price anyway.

My collection: 7" single no. 1349
Found: Record fair, Den Haag, October 28, 1990
Cost: 20 guilders
Tracks: 'D for Desire' / 'Don't follow me (March Hare)'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising