Wednesday 19 November 2008

When your heart is weak - Cock Robin

Cock Robin hit the Dutch singles chart in early 1986 with a bang: their first hit, 'The promise you made', reached no. 1 within a few weeks and made an instant impression with the Dutch audience. Elsewhere they weren't as succesful: in the UK that single reached the chart four months later and barely scraped the top 40.

I heard the 12" mix of 'The promise you made' in a shop and was instantly interested in their remixes as well. A few weeks after I bought that 12", I found 'When your heart is weak' for a lower price than usual. Of course, I bought it. I wasn't disappointed: the 12" single contained a nice extended version of the track, as well as an instrumental version. Of course, I had to have the other 12" singles by Cock Robin as well... more about that later.

My collection: 12" single no. 41
Found: Disco Market, Den Haag, 1986
Cost: 5 guilders
Tracks: 'When your heart is weak (Dance mix)' / 'When your heart is weak (Instrumental)', 'When your heart is weak (Single mix)'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising