Tuesday 25 November 2008

She's leaving - OMD

OMD scored a big hit in Europe with 'Maid of Orleans'. It was a number one hit in the Netherlands as well. As beautiful as I thought it was, by the time it had left the charts I was tired of it. How wonderful that the next single was fresh and exciting again: 'She's leaving' was released, and from the first time I heard it I was totally fascinated. There was this cold, emotionless synthesizer, combined with passionate vocals. I loved the musical theme of the song.

When I bought the single, it was a bargain. It hadn't reached the charts and the shop offered it for a discount price within weeks. I was very happy to have this one, and I have played it regularly since - although these days it's obviously become the mp3 I play the most.

My collection: 7" single no. 231
Found: Disco Market, Den Haag, 1982
Cost: 2 guilders
Tracks: 'She's leaving' / 'The romance of the telescope'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising