Monday 24 November 2008

My love won't let you down - Nathalie

Nathalie was a Belgian girl who had the amazing luck to work with Peter Godwin, a guy who made some great records in his own right in the early eighties. (More about him later on this blog.) 'My love won't let you down' was the english language version of Nathalie's single 'Mon coeur qui craque', which apparently did well in French speaking countries.

I heard the song in 1983 when it roamed the Dutch charts, and it stuck in my mind as a nice pop song. I finally bought a copy of the single pictured here above in 1994. But that wasn't all: shortly before that I'd gotten my hands on the 12" single, with its striking image of the singer on the cover. Fortunately it wasn't just the cover that made an impression.

I really like the things Peter Godwin produced, and am - again - amazed that he didn't achieve a higher level of success. Whatever happened to Nathalie? As far as I know, she didn't release anything but this single. But I could be wrong of course.

My collection: 7" single no. 2132; 7" single no. 3280; 12" single no. 148
Found: Record Palace, Amsterdam, July 30, 1994; unknown, February 9, 2001; Record Palace, Amsterdam, 199X
Cost: 2 guilders; 2 guilders; 2,5 guilders
Tracks:
7": 'My love won't let you down' / 'My love won't let you down (instrumental)'
12": 'My love won't let you down [extended]' / 'My love won't let you down (instrumental)'
Download: here

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising