Sunday 16 November 2008

Don't look now - Torch song

Back in 1984, I was addicted to music channels like Sky and Music Box. It got kinda bad, because at some point I couldn't get through the day without my daily fix of music videos. There was so much to see, and sometimes I even got to see what I wanted.
The great thing about this addiction was that I got to know a lot of videos. Not only the videos belonging to the popular tunes of the day, but also the more obscure ones. Like for instance, this one. It was a striking piece of video and although I hadn't seen it for twenty years until I rediscovered it on YouTube, I still remember most frames.
It also presented a problem, because when I went out to buy 'Don't look now' by Torch Song, all I got in the Dutch record shops were blank stares. To this day, I don't know if a 7" single even exists. But I did manage to find the 12" single, only a couple of years ago. What a great find. At the time, I didn't even know who William Orbit was. Nowadays, everybody knows. But does everybody know this great track? I bet they don't.

My collection: 12" single no. 435
Found: 2004
Cost: 5 euro
Tracks: 'Don't look now' / 'P2e (remix)'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising