Sunday 23 November 2008

Child come away - Kim Wilde

The fourth Kim Wilde single I bought was Kim's sixth. By then, I thought all I was missing still was Kim's single 'Cambodia', but I hadn't been able to find that one. Otherwise, I was satisfied. I bought 'Child come away' pretty soon after it had been released. I loved the colourful cover, although I remember I thought her hair was a bit too big.

'Child come away' was a new track, not included on Kim's second album 'Select'. The B-side, 'Just another guy' was new as well. For the longest time I didn't know it, but the twelve inch version of this single is quite a rarity, because it was not a chart success and so a very limited quantity of it was pressed.

My collection: 7" single no. 163
Found: Studio Echo, Den Haag, 1982
Cost: 5,5 guilders
Tracks: 'Child come away' / 'Just another guy'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising