Sunday 16 November 2008

Bette Davis Eyes - Kim Carnes

In the Netherlands and most of Europe, Kim Carnes is a one hit wonder. She still released a stack of albums, so I guess she did better in her home country, America. But the one hit I'm talking about, is 'Bette Davis Eyes'. It reached no. 16 in the Dutch top 40 in the summer of 1981. In the UK it fared even better and reached no. 10.

I never bought this single until recently. Back in 1981 the song was played on the radio too often, I didn't need the record to play the song in my head. But it's a great slice of pop that belongs in my collection.

My collection: 7" single no. 3399
Found: Den Haag, 2004
Cost: 1 euro
Tracks: 'Bette Davis Eyes' / 'Miss you tonight'
Download: Album 'Mistaken identity', including both tracks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising