Friday 28 April 2023

Don Quixote - Nik Kershaw

It's hard to resist a beautiful picture disc, and some great ones were released in the Eighties. Not that this one is particularly stunning, because it simply recreates the picture sleeve of the regular single, but the photograph does warrant a picture disc edition nonetheless.

According to Nik Kershaw: "The lyric that ended up as 'Don Quixote', was actually 'Gorgonzola'! So I was walking about the house singing 'gor-gon-zola' all day long, trying to think of a lyric. Basically the music was a sort of Samba thing, which reminded me of Spain, and Don Quixote happened to come to mind so I thought, 'Why not write a song about Don Quixote?'. So I went and bought the book."

My collection: 7" single no. 6978
Found: Record fair, Den Bosch, 22 April 2023
Tracks: 'Don Quixote' / 'Don't lie'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising