Saturday 3 August 2024

The Barry Williams Show - Peter Gabriel

I was very surprised to find this 7" single of Peter Gabriel's 'The Barry Williams Show', the lead single from his 2002 album 'Up'. I own the album on CD and even a couple of CD-singles, but I wasn't aware that this one was released on 7" vinyl, and has by now become a bit sought after. The copy I found in Fulda was in mint condition but also very cheap! It's a nice find.

'Up' was, in my opinion, Peter Gabriel's best ever album, but this song about the worst part of TV culture, is actually the weakest song of the ten tracks on it. 

My collection: 7" single no. 7279
Found: Marleen Records, Fulda (Germany)
Tracks: 'The Barry Williams Show (Unadulterated radio edit)' / 'Cloudless (radio edit)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising