Sunday 18 June 2023

The free electric band - Albert Hammond

Sometimes I buy a single of a song that has already been called a classic numerous times. Often I never bought it before because it was played on the radio so often, back when I still owned a radio (during the Seventies, Eighties and early Nineties). 

Albert Hammond's 'The free electric band' is one of those songs. Heard this a lot back then, but not for over twentyfive years. It's a good song but I was getting a bit sick of it. The song reached number 3 in the Dutch Top 40 and number 19 in the UK singles chart - his only hit in the UK!

My collection: 7" single no. 6994
Found: Record fair, Den Haag, 3 June 2023
Tracks: 'The free electric band' / 'You taught me to sing the blues'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising