Sunday 20 February 2022

E depois do adeus - Paulo

Sometimes I get my hands on a Eurovision song in a different version some time before I get my hands on the original version. It happened back in 2014 with Paulo, who recorded 'E depois do adeus' in English as '(And then) After love'. 

I recently found the original Portuguese version of this song - and the bonus on this single is a beautiful instrumental version of that song on the B-side. 'E depois do adeus' ended up in 14th place in a field of 17 competitors in the Eurovision Song Contest in 1974, but it hit the history books when the song became one of the two signals to launch the Carnation Revolution in Portugal just weeks later. 

My collection: 7" single no. 6635
Found: Discogs.com, received 14 February 2022
Cost: €4
Tracks: 'E depois do adeus' / 'E depois do adeus (versão por orquestra e coros)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising