Saturday 26 November 2011

Mr. Blue Sky - Electric Light Orchestra

Growing up in the Seventies, I have rather vivid memories of my sister playing records to me. She's six years older than me and so she had a record collection while I was still dreaming of having one, one day. 'Mr. Blue Sky' was one of the songs she played a lot back in 1978, when it was in the charts. Ten years later I bought a copy of the single, and twenty years after that I bought the album 'Out of the blue' which is quite a fascinating album.

However, last weekend I found this new copy of 'Mr. Blue Sky', pressed on blue vinyl. I didn't think much about it: I simply had to have it. It's still one of the most fabulous songs I know.

My collection: 7" single no. 5258
Found: Record fair, Utrecht, November 19, 2011
Cost: 1 euro
Tracks: 'Mr. Blue Sky' / 'One summer dream'

2 comments:

  1. Have to agree. One of my most favourite tracks also, especially from the album when starting with Concerto For A Rainy Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever I hear this track I think of my father's old Akai GXC cassette deck (a picture: http://www.hifiengine.com/gallery/images/akai-gxc-38d.shtml). An incredibly study machine, and its 'pause' button's action was instantaneous, which made it great for tape editing. I put two incomplete recordings of this track together this way and I can't tell where I made the cut.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising