Sunday 10 January 2010

Mr. Blue Sky - Electric Light Orchestra

I haven't heard 'Mr. Blue Sky' in a long time, but when I played it today, I got that same feeling I've had so many times when I hear this song: goosebumps all over. Can you imagine a track like this in the charts today? Can you even imagine a track like this being recorded, with full orchestra, a choir and everything else?

Back in 1978 it was possible. 'Mr. Blue Sky' comes from Electric Light Orchestra's classic album 'Out of the blue' and was released as a single in January 1978. The single reached number 6 in the UK singles chart and number 11 in the Dutch Top 40.

My collection: 7" single no. 618
Found: Parkpop, Den Haag, June 26, 1988
Cost: 2 guilders
Tracks: 'Mr. Blue Sky' / 'One summer dream'

1 comment:

  1. AArrgg

    Another one that will not play.

    I agree with you, this ELO hit always sends shivers down my spine.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising