Thursday 16 December 2010

John I'm only dancing (again) - David Bowie

'John, I’m only dancing (again)' was released in 1979 as a reworking of David Bowie's 1972 track 'John, I'm only dancing', made during the sessions for the album Young Americans. The re-recording featured a much more funk-influenced take on the track. Originally running at 6:57, the track was cut for a 7" single release, but the full version was issued on 12" vinyl – the first Bowie single to have a regular 12" release in the UK. For the B-side, the original version of 'John, I'm only dancing' was remixed.

The single reached number 12 in the UK singles chart, while peaking at number 29 in Ireland.

My collection: 7" single no. 4958
Found: Record Exchange, London, October 31, 2010
Cost: 1 pound
Tracks: 'John I'm only dancing (again)' / 'John I'm only dancing (1972)'

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising