Thursday 21 January 2010

Popmuzik - M

I have the double groove 12" single of 'Popmuzik', but of course I have the 7" single as well. Although it has to be said, for a long time I only had the 12" single, because I didn't think I would ever play that 7" single very often. It had been a big hit in 1979, peaking at number 3 in the Dutch Top 40, and for a long time I was very sick of this song.

Robin Scott commented about this song: 'I was looking to make a fusion of various styles which somehow would summarize the last 25 years of pop music. It was a deliberate point I was trying to make. Whereas rock and roll had created a generation gap, disco was bringing people together on an enormous scale. That's why I really wanted to make a simple, bland statement, which was, 'All we're talking about basically (is) pop music'.

My collection: 7" single no. 2852
Found: June 21, 1997
Cost: 1 guilder
Tracks: 'Popmuzik' / 'M Factor'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising