Thursday 15 October 2009

I heard a rumour - Bananarama

'I heard a rumour' was the first single from Bananarama's 1987 album 'Wow!', which was their second album to be produced by Stock, Aitken & Waterman. The song has all the features of a SAW production: a steady beat, lots of synth sounds and an accesible pop treatment. It has to be said that the B-side is a weird one, featuring samples from Princess's 'Say I'm your number one' amongst other things.

My copy was released as a limited edition with a poster sleeve. The single reached number 14 in the UK singles chart and number 17 in the Dutch Top 40. In America the single was even more successful, reaching number 4.

My collection: 7" single no. 547
Found: Tower Records, London, October 1987
Cost: 2 pounds
Tracks: 'I heard a rumour' / 'Clean cut boy (Party size)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising