Thursday 15 October 2009

Whoops now / What'll I do - Janet Jackson

As far as I know, it doesn't happen that often that a 'hidden track' on a cd album is subsequently released as a single. But that's exactly what happened with Janet Jackson's 'Whoops now' in 1995. It was the eighth single taken from Jackson's 1993 album 'Janet', and it was released in the UK as a double A-side with 'What'll I do', another album track.

This 7" single was released as a picture disc only, which might have helped sales a little. The single reached number 9 in the UK singles chart, while it reached number 1 in New Zealand.

My collection: 7" single no. 2257
Found: Wreckastow, Rotterdam, March 22, 1995
Cost: 8 guilders
Tracks: 'Whoops now (radio edit)' / 'What'll I do'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising