Friday 7 August 2009

Meet el presidente - Duran duran

I've had the cd-single of Duran Duran's 'Meet el presidente' for two decades now. It was released in a gatefold sleeve, which I imagined was exclusive to the cd-single format. But I was wrong: in the UK, the 7" single was also released in a gatefold sleeve, with the same band photo inside as the one in the cd-single sleeve. I didn't have the 7" single yet, so I was happy to snap this one up.

The single charted in the UK, peaking at number 24, whereas in the Netherlands the single made number 31. Still, 'Meet el presidente' was the least successful single from the band's 1986 album 'Notorious'.

My collection: 7" single no. 3944
Found: Record Exchange, London, August 5, 2009
Cost: 30p
Tracks: 'Meet el presidente' / 'Vertigo (Do the demolition)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising