Saturday 1 August 2009

The dreamer - All about Eve

Since All about Eve was pretty much famous in the UK only, their singles became increasingly hard to find in the Netherlands. Some shops were still selling import records in 1991, but I was unlucky with this single: the shop in Rotterdam where I got my imports only got the 12" single, cd-single and picture disc 12" (which of course I bought too).

Thankfully, my friend Puck was taking an apprenticeship in Newcastle between September 1991 and January 1992, so I had the chance to ask him to pick up this single. He did, and when he returned, I finally had that single to complete my collection. Of course, the single did turn up at record fairs in the Netherlands - but that was a couple of years later!

My collection: 7" single no. 1581
Found: Newcastle, January 1992
Cost: 2 pounds
Tracks: 'The dreamer (remix)' / 'Frida of blood and gold'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising