Friday 10 July 2009

Tinsel town in the rain - The Blue Nile

So what is a mispressing of the Blue Nile's 'Tinsel town in the rain' worth? I never went out to research this and usually it's whatever someone wants to pay for it. And then I doubt that this mispressing is rare: the must be hundreds or thousands of singles like this, where the B-side is announced as an instrumental version of 'Heatwave', but it's an unidentifiable dance track.

'Tinsel town in the rain' was an unexpected hit for the Scottish band, peaking at number 28 in the Dutch Top 40 in October 1984. It was a remarkable hit, because in other countries the single did not chart.

My collection: 7" single no. 242
Found: LP Top 100, Den Haag, 1984
Cost: 5,5 guilders
Tracks: 'Tinsel town in the rain' / 'Heatwave (instrumental)' (sic)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marcel. Well ... now I had to check my copy of this single, and yes there´s a misprint in Sweden as well. I bought this 7" in the 80s and had obviously never listened to the B-side.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising