Saturday 4 July 2009

More than the sun - Black

'More than the sun' was the second single by Black. Unlike the debut single 'Human features', this single was released on the independent 'Wonderful world of...' label. It is an early version of a track that Black would re-record in 1984, when they were signed to WEA Records. The B-side 'Jump' is an even bigger rarity, since that track never appeared again.

I ordered this single, together with another early Black release, in the UK, although I can't remember from which company. I received it some time after I ordered it. It was a very special moment: I was filling in some much-lamented gaps in my Black collection.

By the way: if you go to Black's official website, you can download the new album 'The Given' for free! (Donations welcome.)

My collection: 7" single no. 2626
Found: received March 9, 1996
Cost: 5 pounds
Tracks: 'More than the sun' / 'Jump'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising