Saturday 6 June 2009

The caterpillar - The Cure

When The Cure released 'The caterpillar', the strange but wonderful music video was a regular on all music television stations in Europe. It was shot in the Great Conservatory in Syon Park, London. The single peaked at number 14 in the UK and number 51 in Australia.

Despite liking this song a lot, I never got round to buying the single. And when I was ready to, it all but disappeared from the face of the earth. In fact, when I finally bought this single, it was the last time I ever saw a copy. It's strange, because I am a regular visitor of record fairs and shops, but apparently, this single has become quite rare.

My collection: 7" single no. 2990
Found: Beanos, East Croydon, London, May 27, 1998
Cost: 2,5 pounds
Tracks: 'The caterpillar' / 'Happy the man'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising